COLLOQUIUM ON ONLINE SALES OF COUNTERFEIT GOODS
CREATING SOLUTIONS TOGETHER
28 March 2019
Time 9:00 to 15:00
The Colloquium is intended to examine the extend of the threat of illicit substandard and counterfeit goods being sold on the Internet.
The objective is to create solutions that can support a unified attempt between Industry and Government to combat such sales and address the importance of cooperation, capacity building and education of all role players and stakeholders.
Special emphasis will be placed on fast moving consumer, and pharmaceutical goods.
The importance of creating awareness to ensure that the general public is protected will also be discussed. This platform will allow an opportunity through which government can reach out to industry and simultaneously create awareness of the harmful effects of illicit trade on consumers.
Topics to be discussed:
- The Role of Government in the fight against counterfeit trade and the remedies available in the Counterfeit Goods Act, 1997
- The role of the South African Health Products Regulation Authority (SAHPRA)
- Cross Border Protection - The African Continent
- Transnational Smuggling of Pharmaceuticals via 'Bogus Internet Pharmacies".
- The prevalence, risks, impacts and control systems available in managing fake and counterfeit medicines
- Traceability Solution/ Awareness Campaign
The prevalence, risks, impacts and control systems available in managing fake and counterfeit medicines
High quality brands are losing market share due to the excessive inflow and manufacture of second rate counterfeit products. Formulating a strategic approach to collaborate can facilitate how these industries align their strategies to win against a common threat.
RSVP: [email protected]/ 082 497 4605